This critical role at our first Cambridge Neighbourhood Table location may be made for you, if you:
- have a positive life outlook
- enjoy meeting new people
- have a passion for interacting with guests
- have the ability to cope with the unpredictable
- have appropriate training or are prepared to take necessary training
Ten Hospitality Volunteers are needed for the Forward Church location. You will be involved on the front-lines to engage with our guests, in a variety of ways:
- help with traffic flow, maintain order and build relationships with our guests through conversation and while participating in games and activities.
- help guests connect to essential services provided by our partner agencies.
- offer friendship, support and encouragement to all who come
- focus on guest interaction and relationship development, without any meal or kitchen involvement
- time commitment is 2 hours every Friday, either from 5 pm-7 pm or 7 pm-9 pm.
Meal Team Volunteers
Six meal teams are needed for the first location at Forward Church with more around the city over this coming year as additional locations open. Each meal team needs a team leader and usually has about 10 team members.
The role of a Meal Team is to . . .
- plan the meal
- order the meal ingredients a week ahead from the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank
- pick-up the meal ingredients ordered from the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank
- prepare the meal
- serve the buffet-style meal from 6 pm to 7 pm
Typically a meal team signs on for one meal a month, but once every 3 months (or other frequency) is an option as well. Time commitment for team members is determined by each meal team, typically . . .
- 2 team members will focus on meal preparation from 1 pm to 5 pm
- 4 team members for meal prep and serving from 4 pm to 7 pm
- 4 team members will focus on meal serving and cleanup from 6 pm to 9 pm
Consider volunteering if you:
- have a passion for helping our citizens-in-need
- want to be a role player in a meal team environment
- are primarily interested in meal preparation, serving and clean-up
We are accepting individual volunteers or if you have already gathered a group of volunteers we want to hear from you too!